“It can often seem that, in the 21st century, we have no need for religion when science has given us so many insights into the mysteries of this universe. Science and religion just do not mix.” This couldn’t be further from the truth. Dr. John Lennox joins the show and responds to questions such as…
- 1:21 – What has it been like debating some of the world’s leading atheists?
- 3:20 – Do Christians believe because they aren’t educated?
- 4:46 – What is the best argument for the existence of God to offer a non-believer?
- 7:33 – Is Christianity based on faith and atheism based on reason?
- 11:00 – Can you be a Christian and a scientist?
- 12:13 – Can you be an atheist and a scientist?
- 14:35 – Conversation with a Nobel Prize winning scientist
- 15:50 – Does science offer something more rational and reasonable than Christianity?
- 17:33 – How can we take Scripture seriously?
- 21:34 – Do miracles violate the laws of nature? How can we take them seriously?
- 25:45 – Can science explain everything?
- 28:00 – Does the Big Bang prove the Genesis creation account false?
- 29:52 – Why doesn’t everyone believe if the evidence for Christianity is so good?
John Lennox, Emeritus Professor of Mathematics at Oxford University, is an internationally renowned speaker on the intersection of science, philosophy and religion. He was awarded a Doctor of Science for his many years of research in the Mathematics Institute at the University of Wales in Cardiff. He has publicly debated famous atheists such as Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, Lawrence Krauss, Peter Singer, and others.
Watch the weekly show LIVE by subscribing on YouTube. Do you prefer to listen? Subscribe to the Ryan Pauly Podcast and have it automatically downloaded to your device on iTunes, SoundCloud, Spotify, Amazon Music, or search “Ryan Pauly Podcast” on your Android podcast player. Don’t forget to give it a rating! Finally, if you’d rather stick to the radio, you can listen to the show on 100.1 KGBA every Saturday night from 9-10 pm PST.
Like the Facebook page, follow on Instagram, or subscribe on YouTube to interact with Ryan and his guests on future shows. Your questions and comments help to make the show more interactive. Go ahead and send in those questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram (@ryanpauly3), or by text at (714) 989-6927 (Google Voice number for texts only).
If you love this ministry and want to give your support with either a one-time gift or by partnering monthly, please click here and choose “Ryan Pauly Missionary Support.” Giving is also available through Patreon.